Awards vary in size, beginning with a $1,000 minimum and increasing as funds are available. Awards may be used for educational expenses, including tuition, books and other fees, and are paid directly to the student’s college or university. Awards are given without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must reside in one of the following ten counties: Appanoose, Davis, Jasper, Jefferson, Henry, Keokuk, Mahaska, Monroe, Van Buren, and Wapello.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a state or nationally accredited program of study that focuses on health care.
- Applicant must be high school graduates who are enrolling in at least the second year of their course of study. Award will be contingent upon proof of registration/enrollment.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.00+ scale.
- Applicant must apply each year with preference given to previous award recipients; a limit of four (4) awards per student; an award in one year does not automatically result in an award the following year.
- Applicant must be focused on one of the eligible “fields of study” within health care.
Eligible fields of study include: ARNP, BSN, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Dentist, Dietician, Health Care Administrator, Health Educator, Medical Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Mental Health Counselor, MSN, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Occupational Therapist, Optometrist, Orthodontist, Paramedic, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant, Physician, Physician Assistant, Podiatrist, Psychologist, Radiation Therapist, Radiology Technologist, Registered Health Information Tech, Rehabilitation Counselor, Respiratory Therapist, RN, Social Worker, Speech Language Pathologist, Surgery Technician and Undergraduate Pre-Professional (Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, etc.).
The Foundation’s Scholarship Selection Committee is comprised of Foundation board members and staff, representation from Collaborative Lab Services/Laboratory Control Limited, professionals in the area of health care and health education as well as community volunteers. Current committee members include Byron Leu (chair), Janey Huston, Barb Heckart, Lori Reeves, Nanette Everly, Beth Peyton, Dr. Deb Miller, Amy Nossaman, Kelly Genners and Brad Little.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will give preference to applicants that are/have:
- An award recipient from the previous year
- Expressed a desire to seek employment in southeast Iowa upon completion of studies
- Pursuing educational studies in a health career identified as a workforce shortage area for southeast Iowa
The general conditions and procedures under which scholarships are made are subject to periodic review by the Foundation’s Scholarship Selection Committee and the Foundation’s board of directors.
Eligible applicants must complete an online application utilizing the link below. In addition, applicants will be required to upload the following documents: proof of enrollment form, transcript and (1) letter of reference.
Applications are no longer being accepted. Applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be accepted beginning February 1, 2018.