To assist nursing care facilities in Jefferson County, Iowa, and to provide activities and entertainment to its residents.
Eligible facilities must fall under one of the following as defined by the Iowa Department of Human Services:
- Residential Care Facility – Institutions providing accommodation, board, personal assistance and other essential daily living activities for a period exceeding 24 consecutive hours. Individuals living in a residential care facility are unable to sufficiently or properly care for themselves because of illness, disease, or physical or mental infirmity, but do not require the services of a registered or licensed practical nurse, except for emergencies.
- Nursing Care or Long-Term Care Facility – A licensed institution or designated part of, that provides 24 hr. general nursing care to persons that are chronically ill or unable to take care of daily living needs.
- Skilled Nursing Care Facility – A federally certified facility, or designated part of, that provides 24 hr. specialized services such as to persons that require nursing care under the direction of nurses. Specialized services may include, but is not limited to, medications, wound care, and therapies that require a licensed professional such as a nurse, doctor, or therapist.
Opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Field trips for residents
- Capital purchases that will directly benefit residents
- Entertainment services of a therapeutic nature
Millane Endowment Care Facility Program Assistance will not fund:
- Construction, expansion or upgrades of physical facilities
- General operating expenses
- Debt reduction
Email or mail a brief description of the proposed project/program, amount requested, explanation of benefits to residents and a project/program budget. Letter of application should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation, Attn: Amy Nossaman, 111 E. Main St., Ottumwa, IA 52501. Applications will be accepted February 1 – March 31. For additional information contact Frank Redeker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 641.919.6803.