Awards are a 4-year progressive scholarship. The scholarship starts at $1,000 for the first year and progresses to $2,500 in the second year, $5,000 in the third year and $7,500 for the fourth and final year. The second, third and fourth year scholarships are automatically awarded contingent upon student maintaining minimum GPA of 2.75 and remains enrolled in an approved agriculture or health care field of study. Awards may be used for educational expenses, including tuition, books and other fees, and are paid directly to the student’s college or university. Awards are given without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must permanently reside in Jefferson County, Iowa at the time of initial application.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen
- Applicant must be enrolled in a state or nationally accredited program of study with an agriculture or health care focus.
- Applicant must be enrolled/enrolling in an agriculture or health care course of study. Award will be contingent upon proof of registration/enrollment.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Scholarship Selection Committee
The Millane Scholarship Selection Committee is comprised of Millane Endowment Trustees, Jefferson County agriculture and health care professionals and/or educators, as well as Foundation staff members which are non-voting committee members. Current committee members include Tony Webb, Dr. Theresa Holt, Bryan Hoag, Sherri Mineart, and Mary Ann Leger.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will give preference to applicants that are/have:
- An award recipient from the previous year
- Expressed a desire to seek employment in southeast Iowa upon completion of studies
- Pursuing educational studies in an agriculture or health career identified as a workforce shortage area for southeast Iowa
- Demonstrated financial need
Eligible applicants must complete an online application utilizing the link below. APPLICATION CYCLE is December 1 to January 31. **In addition, applicants will be required to upload the following documents: proof of enrollment form, transcript, headshot and (1) letter of reference.